Quick Solutions to Treat Dry Scalp and get rid of Itchiness
You cannot avoid itchiness when you get dry scalp. In fact, the flakes and itchiness are the two signs that enable you recognize that your scalp is dry. Scratching your head often don’t just embarrass you but also makes the condition severe. Following are some quick remedies to reduce itchiness due to dry scalp.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse for Dry and Itchy Scalp
Apple Cider Vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties and it can treat dry scalp caused by infections. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse also reduces the visible flakes of dry scalp.
How to make it:
- Take equal portion of Apple Cider Vinegar and water, mix it well. The quantity should be sufficient to wet the scalp.
- Add the rinse to the spray bottle. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton ball and apply it on scalp.
- Spray the mixture from root to the tip of the hair.
- Make sure, the mixture is applied all over scalp.
- Comb the hair gently and tie the hair.
- Rinse the hair with warm (not hot) water after 10 to 15 minutes.
Try this once a week and always dilute Apple Cider Vinegar with water. You should wash the hair the day before when you use ACV rinse. In fact, it’s better to use the ACV rinse instantly on damp hair after shampooing. The hair and scalp should be clean when you apply ACV rinse to get rid of scalp dryness.
Use lemon to get rid of dry scalp and itchiness instantly
Lemon has antiseptic properties and reduces itchiness as well as scalp dryness instantly. If you have too much visible flakes due to dry scalp, that appears more like dandruff, you can apply fresh and raw lemon on scalp. If you suffer from itchiness but not visible flakes, dilute lemon with water.
Lemon removes dead skin cells of the scalp and aids in growth of fresh and healthy cells.
How to make it:
- 3 to 4 lemons
- Cotton Ball
- Cut fresh lemon in halves and squeeze the juice.
- Add equal parts of water and blend it well.
- Soak a cotton ball and apply the mixture all over scalp.
- Massage the scalp with your fingers.
- You can also rub the inner part of the lemon rind on the scalp.
- Rinse your hair with warm water (not hot water).
You can use lemon twice a week. After using lemon, you should not use strong shampoo. Just go for some mild shampoo or simply rinse the hair with warm water. It also makes your hair glow!